Company/Organization: Joy Child Development Center
Location: Eagle River, AK
Application Dates: Until filled
The teacher will plan and implement an individually appropriate, anti-biased, multi-cultural curriculum that meets the needs of the assigned group of children.
Director or Assistant Director regarding any classroom or personnel issues.
Dependent on education, experience, maintenance of credentials and up-to-date annual training requirements and job performance.
Scheduling depends upon monthly enrollment, daily attendance, and staffing analysis. Workweek includes Monday through Friday between the hours of 6:30am – 6:30pm.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- COMMUNICATION: Communicates appropriately (verbal and written) with children, parents/families, teaching and management teams.
- CURRICULUM PLANNING: Designs and implements a curriculum founded on Developmentally Appropriate Practice and NAEYC Accreditation standards.
- DAILY ACTIVITIES: Plans and facilitates developmentally appropriate learning experiences, activities and interactions that recognize age, diversity, culture and specific needs of children served.
- DOCUMENTATION: Completes forms and records related to children’s development and learning experiences. Documentation includes children’s original work, photographs, anecdotal records and other appropriate recording and assessment tools.
- CLASSROOM ENVIRONMENT: Creates and maintains a safe, organized, well supplied and varied learning environment.
- HEALTH & SAFETY: Maintains a safe and healthy environment through adequate supervision of children and implementation of infection control procedures. Helps to ensure the safety of equipment and materials. Maintains a first aid kit.
- At meal times: clean tables with soap and bleach before all meals, model family style dining to all ages, help children to wash hands appropriately, call roll for meal counts, use correct serving utensils for the correct portions of each age group.
- TRAINING & EDUCATION: Current infant/child CPR/first aid certification. Meets licensing requirements and NAEYC Accreditation standards for continuing education. Serves as a mentor and resource for Teaching Assistants.
- CONFIDENTIALITY: Staff will not discuss or disclose verbally, or on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.) information regarding a child, parent or staff member attending this program. Staff will be aware of JCDC photo release consent form and adhere to the parent’s request. Photos must be taken on JCDC equipment, not personal devices.
- High school diploma or equivalence, required.
- CDA preferred.
- Degree in Early Childhood Education, highly preferred.
- Previous experience with young children.
- Must pass background check.
- Current first aid and CPR certification, or ability to obtain upon hire.
Regular attendance is a requirement of this position. All staff are responsible to clock in/out on Procare and the staff clipboard.
Proficient in reading, writing and speaking English. Ability to read and interpret written policies and directives. Ability to compose written information for parents.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 35lbs.
- Ability to sit in small chairs.
- To get up and down from floor.
- Kneel, bend and sit at children’s level.
- Walk, stand and run.
- Position entails exposure to a wide range of children illnesses.