Company/Organization: Children's World Bilingual Montessori
Location: 7423 Jewel Lake Rd., Anchorage
Application Dates: 05/06/2021
- Full and Part Time Positions
The Assistant Teacher is an essential member of our Montessori teaching team. The Assistant Teacher is responsible for assisting in the planning, implementation of curriculum, supervising children and providing a healthy and safe environment for children.
Accountability: The Assistant Teacher reports to her Head Teacher and the School Director.
Minimum Qualifications: Highschool Diploma or equivalent. CPR/First Aide certified. Food Handlers Card. Ability to work Monday – Friday, 7:15 am – 5:30 pm.
Preferred Qualifications: CDA, Montessori training or Certification, AA or Bachelors in Early Childhood Education and BILINGUAL.
- To establish and maintain a safe and healthy learning environment
- Assist in promoting healthy eating practices, maintains a safe environment, provides daily classroom cleaning and maintains an orderly learning environment.
- To advance physical and intellectual competence
- Provides a balance between child-initiated and teacher-initiated activities, provides a balance between quiet and active learning activities, uses equipment and materials for indoor and outdoor play that promote children’s physical development, implements experiences that promote language and literacy development and implements activities that promote the acquisition of mathematical concepts.
- To support social and emotional development and provide positive guidance
- Implements hands on activities that develop positive self-esteem and that develop social skills, implements culturally diverse experiences, uses and promotes positive guidance, assists in establishing routines with smooth transitions, communicates with children at their developmental level and encourage children to be independent.
- To maintain a commitment to professionalism
- Promotes the school’s philosophy and educational objectives, supports the center’s code of ethical conduct, engages in mandatory ongoing professional development training and attends staff meetings, workshops and in-service training.