Company/Organization: Joy Greisen Jewish Education Center (JEC)
Application Dates: Open until filled
- School Age Program, 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- CPR & AED (Preferred)
Full Job Description
The JEC Camps/In-service Camps Program provides up to 30 children, ages kindergarten through 6th grade, with the opportunity to ensure campers have a fun, healthy and rewarding camp experience in a safe environment. A child's camping experience plays a very important role in his or her maturation. JEC campers will gain self-esteem and self-confidence, learn from new experiences, make new friends and create memories that will last a lifetime! These programs run during all ASD school breaks and In-service days.
The Coordinator would be expected to work 40 hours while camp is in session. Year round full-time or part-time work schedule including after school programming is available as well.
The JEC School Age Program Coordinator is responsible for the planning, scheduling, marketing and management of the day-to-day operation of the Camp/In-service Camp program. This includes assistance with staff schedules, management and operations, safety and health, curriculum
Duties and Responsibilities: *
- Develop and maintain positive parent relations.
- Provide program orientation for staff, volunteers, parents and community agencies.
- Communicate with staff, teachers, and parents/guardians regarding student progress and performance.
Development and Implementation
- Manage day-to-day operations of the program
- Coach, supervise, and provide professional development opportunities for program staff
- Assure safety and supervision of children at all times, with appropriate adult to student ratio
- Assure classrooms and other shared school space are well maintained and left as found
- Develop and maintain a schedule of academic, recreational, social and enrichment activities
The Joy Greisen JEC is an equal opportunity employer. When hiring for employment we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, color, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, marital status, disability, AIDS/HIV, weight and/or height.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $17.00 per hour