Professional Development Specialist
Application Dates: Open until filled
The Professional Development Specialist provides professional development supports and services to early educators and early childhood education programs to improve the quality of early childhood education in Alaska.
- Provide professional development services to early childhood and school age professionals including training, Child Development Associate (CDA) support and verification, technical assistance, consultation and coaching around a variety of early care and education topics.
- Provide on and off-site professional development services and support informed by formal and informal assessment tools to early childhood and school age professionals and to early childhood education programs throughout Alaska.
- Create, implement and facilitate professional development training following principles of adult learning best practices including in-person and distance delivery.
- Support early childhood educators in work toward and obtaining a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential through the Council for Professional Recognition.
- Provide professional development career guidance to early childhood and school age professionals (i.e. working toward the Alaska Early Childhood Administrator Credential)
- Perform on-site assessments of environment and operations as requested using a formal assessment tool.
- Gather, input and maintain program data and reports through database systems and shared office communication and documentation tools.
- Support early childhood educators and, at times, families to accommodate children, family members, and staff with special needs and/or challenging behaviors in the early childhood education program setting.
- Support early childhood education programs in continuous quality improvement including working towards national accreditation standards.
- Provide professional development services following Learn & Grow, Alaska’s Quality Recognition and Improvement System, procedures and practices.
- Provide professional development services following team policies and procedures including data entry and document management.
- Develop, coordinate or lead team projects as assigned.
- Represent thread and promote thread services in community, events, partnership meetings and committees as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.