Office Support Clerk/Teacher Aide
Company/Organization: RurAL CAP Child Development Center
Location: 545 E 5th Ave., Anchorage
Application Dates: 4/1/2021
This interesting and flexible position provides crucial clerical support while also assisting in our classrooms. If you like variety and have the required experience and qualifications, please apply!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs general clerical support functions and other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Performs day-to-day administrative and front desk tasks such as maintaining files, processing information and paperwork, answering phones and greeting parents, and supporting staff needs.
- Operates a variety of office machines. Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to set up functions, enter data, and process information.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and others by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships with others; actively looks for ways to help people.
- Participates in required staff meetings and trainings.
- Other job duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to prioritize projects and assignments; solve problems independently; maintain a service orientation and a positive disposition, and produce professional results under deadlines.
- Gives full attention to verbal instructions, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate.
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing as appropriate for the needs of a diverse audience.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow established policies and procedures.
- Ability to manage work time well, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise good judgement, courtesy and tact.
- Ability to establish a good rapport with people of diverse cultures and belief systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment, professional boundaries, ethics, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/JOB CONDITIONS:
- Agency is a mandated tobacco, drug and alcohol free workplace.
- Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Uses computers and computer programs effectively to enter data, create spreadsheets and process information, and, develop documents, program and training materials.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Communicates with others outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, and other external sources in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail in keeping with current policies & procedures.
- Must have the ability to operate the following equipment: desktop computer, telephone, copier, PC printer, and fax machine.
- Ability to occasionally run work-related errands.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly to grasp, type, see, talk, hear, and lift and carry 35 pounds of weight by utilizing proper lifting techniques and working in a safe manner. This position will also be performing physical activities such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending, and handling materials.
- Occasionally performs sedentary activities that require sitting for long periods and repetitive use of hands, wrists and arms for handling, positioning, moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Must be in good general health and free from serious physical, mental health and/or substance abuse problems.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position. Days are Monday through Friday. Hours vary.
No travel is required for this position.
EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS AND REQUIRED EDUCATION:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must pass Municipality of Anchorage, state and federal background checks, including fingerprints.
- Must attend 24 hours of professional development training annually.
- Must provide a TB screening and basic physical exam within thirty (30) days of hire with follow-up every three (3) years at employee’s expense.
- Must complete and maintain Pediatric CPR and First Aid Training certification at employer’s expense.
- Responsible work ethic with reliable attendance.
- Proven ability and willingness to be self-directed in problem solving and decision-making and perform basic assignment with little or no direct supervision while also working effectively as a team member.
- Capable of reading, understanding, and following written policies and procedures related to job responsibilities.
- Demonstrated intermediate level of computer skills necessary in order to use and create documents and reports, spreadsheets, workshop materials and slide presentations, and to enter data into intricate database programs and proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook.
- Must keep all matters concerning participants in strictest confidence as required by HIPAA privacy and the 42 CFR, Part II confidentiality regulations.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to meet work schedule requirements.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- CDA and/or knowledge of child development from prenatal to 5 years of age.