Lead Teacher in Preschool Classroom (3 years - 5 years)
Company/Organization: Joy Greisen Jewish Education Center (JEC)
Application Dates: Open until filled
We are searching for a Lead Teacher to join our 3-5 year old preschool program. If you believe in strengthening a child’s early learning experiences through engagement through play, culture, and independence, we would love to hear from you!
You would be expected to work cooperatively with the other members of our team to create and maintain a clean, safe, and loving learning environment. In return, we offer a supportive and positive work environment, continual professional development, leadership opportunities, and paid leave including Federal and Jewish holidays. Qualifications required for this position are:
- Pay range starts $14.00 an hour based on experience and education.
- Minimum qualification: High School diploma or GED, CDA, AA, or BA in early childhood education or related field preferred.
- 1 year minimum experience working in a preschool setting
- Pediatric CPR/First Aid and Food Handler’s (within 90 days of hire)
- Three (3) professional references
- Clear fingerprint and background checks
- Enjoys utilizing natural and cultural resources as part of daily activities
- Willing to complete a minimum of 24 hours of professional development annually
- Preferred qualifications should include completed or intent to complete CDA, equivalent certification/credential OR educational equivalent (6 early childhood or related field college credits)
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour