Company/Organization: Joy Child Development Center
Location: Eagle River, AK
Application Dates: Until filled
Ensuring effective and efficient operations of the Joy Child Development Center, which provides quality education and/or child care services for the local community.
The executive Director reports to the JCDC Board of Directors.
Hourly or salary based position dependent upon on education, experience, and maintenance of credentials and up to date annual training requirements, and job performance.
Scheduling depends on monthly enrollment, daily attendance, and staffing analysis. Work week includes Monday through Friday between the hours of 6:30am and 6:30pm.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for interfacing with parents on enrollments procedures, fees, policies, and other matters as required. Keeping parents informed of current events through weekly and/or monthly newsletters.
- Inform the Joy CDC Board of the needs and concerns of the staff, children, and parents. Make recommendations to the Board and assist them in formulating policy. Actively participate in the setting of goals and long-range planning.
- Ensure recruiting, hiring, supervising, motivating, scheduling, disciplining, and training personnel.
- Ensure that all records of Joy CDC are maintained accurately and neatly to satisfy the daily operations, grant requirements and municipal and state requirements.
- Compute, collect, and deposit tuition.
- Coordinate accounts payable and receivable with accounting services. Assist in the preparation of the budget. Assure moneys are used within approved funds and maintain a caring and instructive atmosphere.
- Responsible for the daily management of the Joy CDC program. Conduct program according to established policies while maintaining a caring and instructive atmosphere. Maintain a positive relationship within the Church.
- Develop programs that are challenging and interesting.
- Responsible for nutrition program in accordance USDA guideline.
- Maintain supplies within the approved budget.
- Maintain staff files in accordance with Municipal guidelines, payroll procedures, and distributing, payroll biweekly.
- Maintain student files in accordance with the municipal guidelines.
- Conduct monthly staff meetings to include In-service training.
- Oversee Teachers lesson plans both weekly and long term\have read and understood and agree to abide by the personnel policies and procedures of this organization.
The general nature and scope of this position is to provide supervision and direction of the Joy Child Development Center. Incumbent is given broad guidelines to meet guidelines to meet objectives. Policy is established by the JCDC Board. The level of activity is high with the number of children, parents and employees involved. Incumbent has to be self-starter capable of running a business.
AUTHORITY AND DECISION MAKING:
- Conduct program according to established policies.
- Make recommendations to the Joy CDC concerning the center, policy, staffing, etc.
- Schedule proper personnel coverage.
- Handle parent complaints.
- Handle employee complaints.
REPRESENTATIVE PROBLEMS AND CHALLENGES:
- Proper scheduling of both children and employees to meet licensing requirements.
- Operating Joy CDC in such a manner as to comply with the letter and intent of all statues and regulations (which the director is required to obtain and maintain).
- Provide challenging and interesting programs.
- Write grant proposals.
SIGNIFICANT INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS AND RELATIONSHIPS:
- Daily contact with parents.
- Frequent contact with Pastor of Joy Lutheran Church.
- Frequent contact with the Joy CDC Board President.
- Attend monthly Joy CDC Board Meetings.
- Professional contact with the community, inspection and licensing agencies.
- Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field. In lieu of a degree, additional work experience and 12 college credits in above areas may be substituted.
- Experience in early childhood settings (8-10 years desired).
- Positive security clearance based on result of state and federal fingerprint check.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Experience in personnel and financial management duties.
- Ability to work positively with parents, children, staff and church employees.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to prepare written reports and memos.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 35lbs.
- Sit in small chairs.
- Get up and down from floor.
- Kneel, bend at children’s level, walk, stand, and run.