Company/Organization: The Sun'aq Tribe of Kodiak
Application Dates: 5/1/2022
Childcare Teacher Hours: FT 37.5 hours per week, M-F Qualifications:
- Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential or willingness to earn the credential according to a training commitment schedule planned at the start of employment.
- Obtain pediatric first aid/cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Associates degree preferred. In the absence of an associate degree, 2 years demonstrated, and relevant successful work experience may be substituted. Ability to demonstrate the job duties of this position description.
- Previous teaching and/or group childcare experience is a requirement for this position.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to provide 3 references.
- Develop a stimulating and creative program suitable for preschool children. Help them learn through experience, imagination & discovery. Use a wide variety of exploration play through sensory, physical movement, social emotional, and outdoor activities.
- Introducing routines that students will be exposed to in school.
- Providing a warm atmosphere of acceptance and nurturing encouragement where students will feel happy and comfortable.
- Utilize a variety of teaching techniques (storytelling, educational play, dramatic play, media, etc.) to teach children.
- Encourage independence through positive self- image for each child. Help them develop their social emotional competencies and build self-esteem.
- Encourage children to interact with each other and resolve occasional arguments while modeling best practice for each situation. Redirect, Remove, and Reflect
- Guide children to develop their artistic and practical capabilities through a carefully constructed curriculum (identify shapes, numbers, colors, do crafts, etc.)
- Organize nap and snack hours and supervise children to ensure they are always safe. Always know the location of each child and what they are doing.
- Communicate with parents regularly to understand the children’s background. Parents and Staff who work together can better provide an optimal learning environment for children.
- Collaborate with Administrator and co-teachers.
- Maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety standards.
- Participate and complete all required trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.