Provider Specialist - Child Care Assistance
Location: 1949 Gillam Way, Suite G, Fairbanks, AK
Application Dates: Open until filled.
The Provider/Intake Specialist is responsible for maintenance of provider and family records and assisting with case management of child care assistance families including application, and financial determination. This position is also responsible for working with approved providers, assisting with eligibility of approved providers, and maintaining provider files. The Provider/Intake Specialist will act as a backup to the Eligibility Specialist when needed.
- Provide intake/ongoing support to child care providers entering and participating in CCA.
- Administer CCAP services for Northern and Southeast regions following State, Federal, and thread policies and procedures.
- Interpret and explain requirements and regulations governing eligibility and program functioning to child care providers.
- Provide direct services to child care providers to determine eligibility based on state and federal requirements for child care assistance following all timelines and deadlines set by the CCA policies and procedures.
- Maintain child care provider files and data according to state and federal regulations and policies. This includes both hard copy and database files.
- Participate as a member of thread’s Family Services team to implement and inform program work plans and goals, short- and long-range planning, and any other assigned teams.
- Review and evaluate child care provider using state policy to determine initial and continuing eligibility.
- Determine eligibility for child care assistance and/or revise authorization agreements for child care providers; create and maintain wait lists when program funds are not available. Maintain a high accuracy rate in eligibility determinations and assistance authorizations within strict timeframes. Document rationale for decisions and actions taken.
- Participate in community outreach activities as assigned in accordance with CCA Policy and Procedure.
- Respond to routine questions regarding parent and provider applications, maintain provider packets and appointment calendars, and assist with scheduling family and provider appointments.
- Serves as the backup to Eligibility Specialist as needed.
- Assist with developing internal policies, procedures, and forms.
- Complete Administrative duties as assigned:
- Greet the public/Answer phones and direct calls.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail and faxes.
- Maintain office equipment and make necessary service calls.
- Work with Office Manager to track inventory, office supplies, equipment, etc. And provide local support for office vendors.
- General office duties may include typing, correspondence, record keeping, filing, copying, faxing, and reporting on projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 1-2 years human services or eligibility experience required.
- 1 year working with regulations, statues, using criteria/guidelines, etc.
- Valid Alaska driver's license with clear driving record required.
- References and valid identification required.
- Must pass background check.
- Passion and commitment to thread’s mission and the importance of early childhood education.
- Ability to provide elevated, positive customer service.
- Flexibility and adaptability as organizational needs change.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to use database systems and general office programs with comfort and ease including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Zoom, PowerPoint, Salesforce, shared project management tools, and Outlook