Program Technician III - Data
Company/Organization: Rural Alaska Community Action Program Inc.
Location: 731 E. 8th Ave. Anchorage
Application Dates: 09/28/2020 - till filled
Responsible for the operation and oversight of the Child Development Division data management programs, and for accurate and timely entry of assigned program services data. Produces required reports as scheduled, and ad hoc special reports upon request. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. Employees may be required to perform any other duties within this or a lower level job upon request of the immediate department or division supervisor. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions (please refer to the Human Resources Department for any reasonable accommodations.)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for accurate and timely entry of assigned program services data.
- Establishes and maintains all child files and program binders both current and archived for assigned sites.
- Must become familiar with and understand assigned program standards and guidelines, federal, state, and municipal regulations, grant requirements, and all applicable policies and procedures to ensure that essential data is collected, and securely maintained in accordance with applicable confidentiality requirements.
- Reviews all attendance reports, and collaborates with service coordinators and program technicians to ensure data entry is accurate for reporting purposes.
- Oversees creation and maintenance of child files and community binders. Performs periodic audits to ensure records are complete and current.
- Produces all required regular monthly, quarterly, and annual reports; and assists others with ad hoc special reports upon request.
- Provides training and technical support to other staff on the use of databases and producing reports.
- Updates and maintains annual program and staff calendars and other documents as determined by the supervisor.
- Updates and maintains the Division program statistics matrix as assigned.
- Participates in regular staff and supervisory meetings, and all required training.
- Serves as back-up for HS Database Specialist and program services data entry.
- Takes part in and/or assists with special projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Develops and maintains necessary Division and program forms and spreadsheets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining files and processing information and paperwork.
- Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to enter data and capture data to produce reports.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and others by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing as appropriate for the needs of a diverse audience.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic computer application problems and to assist and give basic computer instructions to non-technical users.
- Ability to train, assist and oversee daily tasks of lower range staff.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow established policies and procedures.
- Ability to manage work time well, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish good rapport with people of diverse cultures and belief systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment, prof