Lead Program Staff
Company/Organization: Camp Fire Alaska
Location: Location: Various ASD Elementary Schools
Application Dates: 9/24/2020
LEAD PROGRAM STAFF SCHOOL AGE PROGRAM (SAP) OVERVIEW
Camp Fire Alaska's licensed School Age Program serves youth in grads K-6th grad and runs before and after school programs. Half day and full day programs are also provided during selected school in-service days and breaks. Our programs run out of various Anchorage School District elementary schools throughout the Anchorage area and Eagle River.
- Work Location: Lead Program Staff work primarily at assigned program sites.
- Supervise: This position does not supervise any other staff, but does work within a team environment.
- Work Status: This position is a non-exempt, part-time. Depending on availability; hours range from 10-25 hours/week.
Lead Program Staff directly supervise youth at Camp Fire Alaska School Age & Centers Programs (SAP) in addition to enhanced activity facilitation responsibilities and peer mentoring of new staff as necessary. Engage in work that supports Camp Fire’s Promise to provide youth with the opportunity to find their spark, lift their voice and discover who they are.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Skill and desire to work with a diverse population: multi-cultural, age, gender, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Communicate efficiently, clearly, and directly
- 1 year demonstrated basic work habits, dependability, and reliability required
- Experience with behavior management and activity facilitation, knowledge of and ages and stages of youth development required
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to effectively manage program flow and positive culture
- Age requirement: 18-years-old
- Ability to transport self to work and to the Camp Fire office for trainings required, ability to work at multiple sites preferred
- Minimum: 1 year experience working with youth is required
- Ability to obtain Current Adult/Child/Infant CPR, AED & First Aid certification from a nationally recognized provider, or the ability to obtain certification within 30 days of hire. (Camp Fire provides classes and paid training time)
- Ability to obtain Food Worker Card OR the ability to obtain upon hire but before first day;
- Ability to obtain State of Alaska's Office of Children's Services online Mandated Reporter training certificate OR ability to obtain on-the-job within 5 days of hire;
- Approved Health & Safety certificate OR ability to obtain on-the-job within 5 days of hire;